Sunday, November 14, 2021

Chesskiss 1.8 is out after 6 years...

The last two months I found myself looking again into the code (don't ask me why...), after some time trying to understand it then I did some improvements that today I'm publising.

From what's new:
  • Lazy eval improved
  • Fixed some issues in pawn evaluation
  • New now pawn penalty when ending
  • Some performance gains...
  • New recapture extension
  • Pawn cache improved
  • Evaluation performance improved a bit
  • New book
  • Seems book moves were not very random
  • Some bugs fixed here and there
  • Now rook and knight pairs are also evaluated
  • Now root nodes are evaluated differently
  • Time for move is calculated differently
Don't expect a big ELO increase but at least now the code has been refactored and it would make a new release a bit easier to do.

Find the new binaries at OneDrive

No comments:

Post a Comment